• The Election for IFE Australia Branch Council is now open.
• All financial members, EXCEPT for Students and Affiliates, of the Australian Branch are entitled to one vote.
• There are 3 vacant positions (Ordinary Directors) and 4 Candidates; voters are asked to select just 3 of the 4 candidates.
• Mr Stephen Wise: Appendix-C-Manifesto – Stephen Wise
• Mr Terry Jackson: Appendix – C – Manifesto – Terry Jackson
• Dr Tamika Perrott: Appendix C – Manifesto – Tamika Perrott
• Mr Ryan Cleggett: Appendix C – Manifesto – Ryan Cleggett
1. Download the ballot paper: 2018 Ballot Paper
2. Mark three (and 3 only) candidates of your choice with an ‘x’; any other marks may invalidate your vote.
3. Place your completed ballot paper in an envelope and seal it up.
4. Write your membership number* only on the back of that envelope; please ensure it is legible.
5. Post your vote to the Returning Officer at the address below by 12 noon AEST on 22 August 2018.
Address the envelope to:
c/o Chief Officer SAMFS (IFE Elections)
99 Wakefield Street, Adelaide SA 5000
* For Membership Numbers, or any other queries, please contact the National Executive Officer – Christine Sharrad on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find below information about a new, first of its kind bachelor degree specifically tailored for those serving in an emergency service or performing an emergency service role within industry, who wish to upgrade their Vocational Education & Training (VET) qualifications. As the Bachelor of Emergency Service (BEmergServ) has been specifically developed for emergency service workers, it offers two entry pathways, substantial blocks of credit in recognition of qualifications and experience, a flexible model of delivery and a curriculum that is aligned with the sector.
A snapshot of the program is provided below; however for more information please visit the CQUniversity Australia website at http://www.cqu.edu.au/study/what-can-i-study/humanities,-psychology-and-social-work/undergraduate-programs/bachelor-of-emergency-service
To apply or to look at the program structure and various course options, please visit https://handbook.cqu.edu.au/programs/index?programCode=CC60
Name: Bachelor of Emergency Service (BEmergServ)
Entry Requirements: Diploma or Advanced Diploma from the Public Safety Training Package, Health Training Package or other Training Package applicable to an emergency service role.
Recognition of qualification and experience: One year full-time equivalent block credit is awarded for a Diploma qualification or two years full-time equivalent block credit is awarded for an Advanced Diploma qualification
Duration of Study: Two years full-time equivalent study for those entering with a Diploma qualification or one year full-time equivalent study for those entering with an Advanced Diploma qualification.
Study Mode: Distance education, supported by the network of CQUniversity Australia campuses and study centres plus online technologies.
Commencement: Term One 2015
Application process: Apply online at https://applyonline.cqu.edu.au/faces/views/applyonlineWelcome.xhtml Applications are now open!
Minor Study Options: 1) Safety Science and Fatigue Risk Management; 2) Management; 3) Public Health, Community Safety and Education
For those who already hold undergraduate or post graduate qualifications, CQUniversity Australia is looking to establish a pool of experienced emergency service personnel to contribute to the curriculum development, teaching and related activities of the new Bachelor of Emergency Service on a casual basis. Expressions of interests will be called in the very near future and will appear in major newspapers and major job sites such as Seek, My Career and LinkedIn.
I would encourage you to take a look at this new program and to distribute this information and the attached flyer as widely as possible through your networks.
Join with over 500 IFE Australian and International members on this dynamic discussion group.
The Institution of Fire Engineers International entitled Fire Professional by FIRE Magazine publisher,
The Institution’s journal features contributions from branches around the world, technical perspectives from leading fire engineers and special features on latest developments in global fire engineering.Pavilion Publishing and Media is producing the journal on behalf of the Institution and will supplement the quarterly publication with a comprehensive online service which will include monthly newsletters to all members.