To encourage and improve the science and practice of Fire Extinction, Fire Prevention and Fire Engineering and all operations and expedients connected therewith, and to give an impulse to ideas likely to be useful in connection with or in relation to such science and practice to the members of the Institution and to the community at large.
Overview of the Institution
The Institution of Fire Engineers covers the complete cross-section of the fire engineering disciplines. This includes, but is not limited to fire industry professionals such as:
- Fire Engineers
- Fire Safety
- Fire Protection Equipment Designers, Technicians and Service Staff
- Firefighters and Emergency Service Responders
- Rescue Technicians
- Fire Investigators and Law Enforcement
- It provides professional recognition for fire engineers across a broad spectrum and has achieved recognition by the Engineering Council to assess and nominate qualified fire engineers for registration as professional engineers.
- As a Licensed Member of the Engineering Council, the IFE is authorised to register suitably qualified members at Chartered Engineer (CEng), Incorporated Engineer (IEng) and Engineering Technician (Eng Tech) level.